News & Updates
Institute for Medicaid Innovation Recognizes Medicaid Health Plans for Innovative and Outstanding Service
September 22, 2016
Today, the Institute for Medicaid Innovation (IMI) recognized Medicaid health plans that have demonstrated innovative and effective approaches to providing services to Medicaid beneficiaries and communities. The winners were selected from over 100 submissions to IMI’s best practices compendium.
"At the heart of what we do as clinicians, researchers, policymakers, and leaders is focused on improving the health and well-being of Medicaid beneficiaries and their families," said Dr. Jennifer Moore, Executive Director of IMI. "It is through the work of the Institute that we hope to inform best practices and identify innovative initiatives that transform Medicaid. The recipients of this year’s awards exemplify health plans that are constantly seeking to find new opportunities to improve access to high quality, equitable care."
The following awards were presented:
- Most Innovative Childhood Obesity Prevention and Treatment Initiative: UnitedHealth Group for Join for Me
- Most Innovative LTSS Best Practice: Anthem Indiana Medicaid (Anthem Inc.) for Indiana CICOA Care Transitions
- Most Innovative Children’s Health Best Practice: Cardinal Innovations Healthcare for Partnering for Excellence
- Most Innovative Women’s Health Best Practice: BlueChoice HealthPlan (Anthem, Inc.) for Reducing Newborn Hospitalization Costs through Investing in CenteringPregnancy™ Group Prenatal Care
- Most Innovative Behavioral Health Best Practice: Magellan Healthcare of Nebraska (Magellan Health) for Magellan Mobile Connect
- Most Innovative Expansion Population: UPMC Health Plan for Community Team Program
- Most Innovative Medicaid Managed Care Best Practice: Cardinal Innovations Healthcare for Partnering for Excellence
To download the IMI Best Practices Compendium, click here.
AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS:
President and CEO of Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA)
Jennifer E. Moore, Ph.D., R.N.
Executive Director of the Institute for Medicaid Innovation